Escape the D.C. hustle with a car-free weekend trip to Harpers Ferry, W.Va. by taking the affordable and friendly MARC train. Immerse yourself in the quaint Appalachian town’s charm, connect with friendly locals and hikers, and learn about its rich history while enjoying breathtaking scenery.
- Escape D.C. doldrums with a car-free weekend trip to Harpers Ferry, W.Va.
- Avoid costly trips to New York or beach bars; MARC train provides affordable transport.
- Reach Harpers Ferry in less than two hours on the friendly MARC train.
- Enjoy scenic views of what Thomas Jefferson called “one of the most stupendous scenes in nature.”
- Experience a quaint Appalachian town with friendly shopkeepers and local communication.
- Visit a coffee shop with a message from a shopkeeper for the owner, embracing the town’s unique charm.
- Learn about John Brown’s armory raid and discuss it with new friends over vegan stew.
- Connect with hikers taking a break from their Appalachian Trail journey.
Source: Washington Post